Forgotten Marches
Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons! This is a site for those that are not able to sit at the table with us, but would love to roleplay with us. On here, we roleplay 3.5, but don't be afraid to join us even if you don't know how to roleplay this edition. We have several Dungeon Masters on here willing to help you learn!
Forgotten Marches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Dungeons and Dragons! Make yourself at home and enjoy the ride!

HomeRegisterLog in

Returning home- Tangled Trees

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kindle

Level : 1
Alignment : Alignment

Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:10 pm

As the two grown elves spread out searching through the forest, the subject of the search was sleeping soundly. The tree that could have been a den was an amazing assurance that her hiding place remained very hard to find. Most only looked at the surface never guessing she'd possessed the determination to dig her very own hidey hole beneath the bushes around the fallen tree, extending far under it.

Fairly undisturbed by the noise her elfin ears remained still although they were mostly covered by her disheveled auburn hair. Small horns scratched softly against the caverns dirt walls as she shifted kicking a toy that wasn't her prize across the space. Enkindle's large tail flopped it's way out of the entrance laying just beneath the bushes hiding it. One wing and her crest laid gently against the ground while her other wing wrapped round her body like a blanket, holding her prize to her chest.

This particular toy was a wood horse which sadly was not the best toy for the girl.. Judging by the ground eroded from beneath her head by the acid she was drooling in her sleep.

Last edited by Kindle on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yazuki Yoshino

Yazuki Yoshino

Level : 2(ECL3)
Alignment : Chaotic Good

Character Sheet
Class: Duskblade
Prestige Class:
Player Name: Yazuki Yoshino

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 1:31 am

Yazuki scoffed that his words didn't reach the girl. 'Shame,' he thought. 'I would have actually had fun hiding those toys from the old man.' He continued his search, though lazily as he just trudged along. Something caught his eye as he approached the bushes where he had decidedly gone to the bathroom earlier that day. There was a weird green vine? Or was that a tail? He couldn't quite make it out.
"An animal's den? I guess I better pay better attention. Next time. Don't want them getting... 'pissed' off." He chuckled to himself. "What kind of animal is this?"
He reached down to grab the tail, but what happened next was not at all what he expected.
Back to top Go down
Kindle

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Unexpectedly her brain swiftly received signals that someone's hand was touching her. Some creatures could be heavy sleepers but apart from not being one of them she had been closer to napping than full blown slumber. Alarm bells shot off within her head instantly because father could never be small enough to fit into her den and Luna had been sleeping in back in town. Someone she didn't know, couldn't trust, who may be here to hurt her was inside of her most sacred hiding spot.

Of course, she failed to notice her tail had ended up outside of the cavern itself in her alarm. Enkindle acted simply in the instinct of self defense. A deep rumble of warning erupted from her throat as she whirled around on all fours yanking her tail away. If someone wanted to come from behind her? They could get the fangs she had in the front, or her claws! Better yet; It was time to try her new trick again.

After one more rumble of warning the half breed would attempt to eject a large amount of her acid. If it ever reached completion? The act would be her version of a dragons breathe attack, but at the moment with no grown dragon or otherwise to teach her it was anything else. Instead, she merely ejected a large amount of acid that didn't really get much air within a foot of the edge of the bushes. Enkindle shortly followed it out with her back arched raising her crest, both wings lifted and fully extended to make herself look large albeit being on all fours.

Normally, she'd try her words first but this was a place she happened to feel rather backed into a corner.
Back to top Go down
Yazuki Yoshino

Yazuki Yoshino

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 2:15 pm

As Yazuki touched the tail, he felt the tenseness and instantly backed off a good distance, knowing it wasn't a good sign. He backed hastily to the side of the hole just in case something were to happen. To his surprise, he heard some growling and then small a small bit of acid trail off as the young half dragon came into the clearing. He looked at her a little surprised at first as he got out then tried to seem intimidating. It almost worked but then he noticed she was smaller and he laughed a little bit. "That's not scary. I have claws too!" He extended his claws from his knuckled and showed her from his bronze scaled hands. "See?"

He looked around her a bit and smiled. "Cool, you have wings and a tail! Aww, I wish I had them!" His smile turned to a jealous frown for the moment as he sighed. "I just got these claws... but you have horns and- and- and that ridge, and a tail, and wings... that's not fair..." He crossed his arms a little upset. It would be cool to have all those things. Then he could be more like the dragon that he descended from. He huffed as he looked at her, moping.

Dara, from his perch, saw the commotion, but sat and smiled, knowing what young Yazu must be saying or complaining about. A small chuckle escaped his lips as he sat down on the limb he was standing on, waiting for the show. He had nothing better to do and surely his brother would be around soon enough. For now, a show was more interesting than telling their dad where they were.
Back to top Go down
Kindle

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 pm

The only other person with scales that she'd ever seen was her sister. However, Luna didn't have any body parts covered hers served more as green freckles scattered across her body. This was an entirely new sight for the young half breed.

With a slight roar the female scraped one clawed hand against the ground for traction. Enkindle bounded forward slightly from the side and leaped forward to bite onto him right above the claws. Of course, she wouldn't keep her fangs in for long because harm wasn't really the motive of the bite. "Why would you even want? It's not whatever you think, just a sign of evil or something like that according to what the villagers say." The female flicked a pebble near them across the clearing with her tail with a slight huff. "If I could make a deal to get rid of them I would but sadly that's not something that can be done." Briefly her eyes widened slightly as she realized something in what he'd said.

Prowling forward another step she stood up remarkably short even for her age. "Wait." Green eyes focused in on the male. "Do you know where these things come from?!" Their father hadn't exactly had the heart to tell Enkindle how different she truly was from the other village children. Leaving her only knowing the insults and that whispers were common as no one exactly liked mentioning a mother she knew nothing of.
Back to top Go down
Yazuki Yoshino

Yazuki Yoshino

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 pm

Yazuki had just kind of looked down at her when she went in for a bite. It happened, but as the other dragonblooded creature stepped back, he just tilted his head. As she spoke of hating her wings he scoffed and shook his head. As she talked about making a deal to get rid of her wings and tail, he clenched his fist. "You can't just get rid of having dragon blood in you. It's not evil unless you make it evil. You have to be you, or else you let others define you based off what you look like. As he spoke his hand started to tingle a little bit, as he saw smoke from where his scales were hissing from melting a bit. "AAAHHHHHHH" he screamed as he went and found a puddle to wash it off in close by. "Watch the bite will you! That stuff in your bite stings!" He looked over at her as he washed it off and looked at her a bit confused. "You mean, you don't know about your heritage? Dad must just have a thing for dragons. We all have dragon in us."

Dara from a distance watched as she bit him, raising an eyebrow at Yazu not making a move but talking to Enkindle afterwords, he sighed disappointed as they talked for a bit. He got down and began to stroll towards them as he kept an eye on the two. Finally, Yazu's hand started to smoke from the acid, and he took notice, his ears perking up as he grinned a bit. As Yazuki ran to the small puddle he laughed to himself. Someone had finally gotten Yazuki to react to something. It was a strange circumstance. A circumstance he would remember for many years to come whenever he needed a good laugh. "So someone finally got Yazuki to scare a bit. I will have to give him crap about this for a long time..."
Back to top Go down
Kindle

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 10:53 pm

The female hated being treated the way for what to her accounted to absolutely no reason. If she could just make it all better by getting rid of such things? Than she very well would likely try considering how much grief it gave her in everyday life. It truly seemed as if he did not exactly understand the true magnitude of what she faced past his admiration for features that he didn't have to live with.

"Easy for you to say, no one can tell you're different unless they see your hands!" Their was no measure she could take to effectively hide how freakish she looked. "All you have to do is wear gloves and no one has any clue." No such simple solution existed for her a slight annoyed rumble coming from her chest as she settled her lithe body on a low branch.

Dragon? Listening to his words her eyes lazily watched the acid she'd spewed earlier melt into the ground until it was a gooey puddle of melted dirt. "I don't even know what a dragon is." Nor did she know what her mother had done to the village, the root of all the disdain. "Does it sting? Dad does flip out when I leave it everywhere but it's never done anything to me or Luna." as a demonstration the female leaped from her branch into the gooey puddle rolling around, any clothing she'd had on her person melting into the puddle which she settled into like one would a hot springs.
Back to top Go down
Yazuki Yoshino

Yazuki Yoshino

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 am

Yazuki shrugged. and sighed. "I guess you are younger than me, so its only natural you don't know. Dragons are amazing and huge creatures! Able to do amazing things and can cast magic and stuff! Why would you have a problem being part of one? Why would you want to hide being so cool? And it didn't hurt too bad, just caught a scale wrong." He looked around to see if anyone else had spotted them. "So you 'are' the one they are looking for right?" He hadn't heard the other two coming yet, so he didn't quite know why it took them so long.

Dara approached at a distance, doing himself a favor to stay hidden and just observe. No doubt his brother was still looking, which made him shake his head and sigh. If this girl was anything like Yazu, he had his work made out for him. He pitied him really, taking on a son that wasn't his own and then having had twins from trying to make a deal with a dragon and being stuck with him. He never quite understood what went through his brother's mind.
Back to top Go down
Kindle

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 am

She was younger although not by an insane amount in spite of her small size. Green eyes blinked as he spoke and seemed to miss her entire point again. "Why don't we make a deal?" walking a circle around him on all fours the half dragon paused briefly looking up at him. "You come with me back to the village see for yourself and if you don't see any reason than you don't have to stop praising dragons." Enkindle couldn't go around this circle with him, no this needed a quicker solution.

"Probably. But, I wasn't here the whole time." He had no idea if her cavern was part of a tunnel system or anything like that. However, she'd have to do better than that to make sure he didn't go telling father this was her place. "and if I haven't; I won't tell father about you freaking out over a little acid." He seemed to be trying to downplay that so it was her best bet and she didn't even mind keeping it secret.
Back to top Go down
Yazuki Yoshino

Yazuki Yoshino

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 1:24 am

Yazuki raised his eyebrow and looked confused. "I am not allowed back at the village. Didn't dad tell you that yet?I got in trouble for praying pranks when I was 4 and almost causing someone to lose a leg..." He scrunched his lips to one side and looked a little ashamed of that. He hadn't meant for things to get out of hand, he just found it funny. He sighed and shrugged as she seemed to think that it would change his mind. She had no clue what he was like. Even he knew he was too egotistical to pay much attention to details sometimes. He scratched his head and thought for a moment. Suddenly, it hit him. "No... maybe you should stay out here instead. The elves would be nicer and are far wiser than those village folk." As she spoke of the acid he shook his head with a giggle. "Why would I tell dad? I used to do things that got me in trouble and had to have a hiding spot too. Besides, I think you hid the toy long before taking a nap, right? A good dragon never sleeps with their horde." He winked and smiled a toothy smile, holding a thumb up.
Back to top Go down
Kindle

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 am

Shallow marks left by her claws as she walked were wiped away by her tail in habit. "Oh just one?" While her antics had not exactly nearly cost someone a limb again they had been nearly so grand. "The most recent thought he could take honey without disturbing bees. Pure human children will also believe they can breathe underwater, gain super powers by going through poison ivy patches without itching, than their was the ant pile." It implied she was leaving out some, but it was clear so far she'd given good as she got although not directly. "And every-time they fail, I hide my prize somewhere else in the woods." She got exactly what he was saying! It was relieving he would not divulge that the toys were right behind them.

"What makes the difference? Changing environment doesn't seem very effective. Clearly, my dragon relative wanted us about much as the humans. So what difference do more elves make?" Father was her father meaning that the man had to love them but she doubt that applied for all elves. Enkindle stood to her feet once more, wiping some more of the goop from earlier from her scales and skin.
Back to top Go down
Yazuki Yoshino

Yazuki Yoshino

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 1:52 am

Yazuki was glad she had caught his meaning. She was at least more intelligent than most. Then she went on her little ego-filled list, just like he wanted her to. He puffed up his chest and smiled smugly, smiling with his eyes closed. He thought back to the first few pranks he had pulled and let out a sigh of happiness. "I pranked the entire town for teasing an old man that was missing his leg." he stated, after she had stopped bragging. "Everyone was hung upside down except the barbarian named Thunk. His leg kind of.... got broken. That was kind of not the plan, but the town is rude. They are rude to everyone. It's just how humans act. Elves are different. They have fun too. They help me with my jokes and pranks. Maybe you should just, come stay with me and Uncle Dara for a while and I can show you. It'll be fun. After all, you are my little sister, I am sure everyone will love you!"

Dara came into the clearing, coughing a bit to clear his throat. "I think that is enough. Let's wait for your father to show up shall we? I have heard how much trouble he has been dealing with. Perhaps you should stay with us a few days while he gets things... cooled down. Perhaps the issue isn't the fact that you are being teased so much little Kindle. Maybe they just need a little someone to be a little nicer. After all your sister doesn't have this issue, does she." Dara smiled a bit but knew that there was more to it, but she was too much like her mother, and it wasn't the best for a little girl.
Back to top Go down
Kindle

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 2:12 am

Enkindle knew that this boy and Luna truly did love her like father as all of them were family. However, the rest of the elves. "I'm not too sure you've got the right idea in your head here." Big brother had some bed time story from father in his head. However, the villagers had already shown her things almost never worked out like that. "But at least their are better hiding places." In the town it was sometimes difficult to hide due to her bright coloration from the vivid greens to the bright auburn of her hair.

A little someone to be nicer towards them? Enkindle let out another rumble of warning turning her gaze to narrow at the full grown elf, one hand scratching a deep mark beneath her foot. "Kindness has nothing to do with matters! They started it before I ever did anything." She couldn't remember a single day when things had been different. They'd never given her the chance to be nice and she didn't want it anymore. While being able to live happily would be like one of father's bedtime stories, it would be impossible to ignore what she knew was just beneath the surface. Behavior may change with pretending but how they felt about her never would! Luna almost looked human which was why they didn't bully her because they couldn't see anything besides father in her.

"I can stay for a few days though, if father agrees." Which he would undoubtedly considering the man had every desire to ensure the health of his children.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning home- Tangled Trees   Returning home- Tangled Trees - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning home- Tangled Trees
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2