Forgotten Marches
Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons! This is a site for those that are not able to sit at the table with us, but would love to roleplay with us. On here, we roleplay 3.5, but don't be afraid to join us even if you don't know how to roleplay this edition. We have several Dungeon Masters on here willing to help you learn!
Forgotten Marches
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the world of Dungeons and Dragons! Make yourself at home and enjoy the ride!

HomeRegisterLog in

I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maris Chall

Maris Chall

Level : 17
Alignment : Lawful Evil

Character Sheet
Class: Monk
Prestige Class: Drunken Master
Player Name: Marshy

I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" Empty
PostSubject: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Blue eyes studied the landscape before them, taking in the vastness of the city he stood in. Tall, blueleaf trees covered nearly every inch of the place and where they didn't rest were stone houses or buildings. It was a beautiful place to be in and one he'd only been to a few times before now. Every time he came back, it was always just as magnificent, if not more than previously. Each step he took brought him deeper into the elven city and all of its splendor. This was something that he missed seeing everyday, instead of the bland stone walls of a dungeon. Seeing Silverymoon was refreshing and he was glad that this was something he could experience again.

Maris took a turn down the nearest intersection of the path he was on and glanced around. Tall buildings and even taller trees loomed over him, but that wasn't what he was worried about. This was a place that anyone could easily get lost in if they weren't used to living here. He was just trying to make sure that he wasn't going to be one of the few that did. Luckily, his guess had been right and he saw the swinging sign of the Dancing Goat ahead of him. The Moon Elf picked up his pace and pushed open the wooden door of the tavern. Noise of merriment and laughter burst into his ears and suddenly a wide grin spread across his face.

Deciding not to bother any of the barmaids or wenches that were there, he dug around in the pouch tied at his waist. From this tiny pouch, the monk pulled out a thick and very heavy-looking stone table. Where there was empty space, Maris set the table down and then looked for a free chair. Once he found what he was looking for, he sat down and kicked up his feet on the table. A few people had stopped what they were doing to stare in amazement at what he had just done. Some of them were even whispering to each other in their ears, as though he couldn't hear what they were saying. The rest of them just continued on with their merriment and didn't bat an eyelash at him.

Snickering at the few that had stared at him, the man unclasped his flask at his hip and took a swig from it. He preceded to ignore them when one of the barmaids approached to service him. "Hello, sir," she greeted him, "I see that you've brought your own table and drink. Was there anything else you needed?"

"Well, there always is, but I'm not so sure you're willing to help," Maris answered the human.

"Um... well, probably not. I'm just here to give out drinks and food. Would you like anything?"

"No," he responded in an almost defeated manner, then turned his gaze away from her and drank from his flask.

When she turned away from him, the moon elf glanced back and reached forward to nip a pinch of her butt. She squealed in surprise and darted off to go help one of the other guests of the tavern. He simply smirked and drank again, his face starting to turn a little flushed at the cheeks. What better way to drown his sorrows in, so that he wasn't faced with the reality he was consumed by? Soon enough, Maris had gotten up from his seat and was wandering the bar, conversing with other patrons. Many of them didn't care to hold a conversation with him and the few that did wouldn't talk long. Eventually, his conversing had changed from simple small talk to flirting with whoever accepted his advances.

Before long, the monk was happily chatting away and trying to make a move on several of the men and women in the bar. Most of them were fairly unsuccessful and the few that were ended up leading to nowhere. So, here was a drunken bastard, blubbering around a tavern and harassing its patrons in hopes of getting a little something.

theme song

Tagged: @marshy

Marshy @ THQ

Vashd the Reaper

Level : 18
Alignment : NE

Character Sheet
Class: Fighter
Prestige Class:
Player Name: Yazuki Yoshino

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 am

Vashd nodded at the wizard and cleric couple as he looked over his new blade that had taken nearly 4 years to craft. Not many creatures that were as large as an ogre used scythes, and he was glad that he had it made. His old scythe had been confiscated when he had been arrested years prior, but the authorities knew nothing of this one being crafted, and for that he was thankful. "I assume that what I paid was more than enough?" He inquired with a small smile on his face. The grips were perfectly designed for him.

"More than. The blacksmith did require the whole amount for the weapon though, as what you asked for was beyond even his abilities at first." The old wizard looked at him, hands clasped, hoping that Vashd was pleased.

Vashd took the scythe outside, far enough away that he could give it a few good swings, and catch his grip on the weapon. It was nearly flawless, the laminated metal glinting over the serrated edge of the large scythe, the blade nearly as large as him in its design. A look of excitement came across his face as he started vigorously training for a few moments with it. The weapon was far more balanced than his last. It was perfect, he thought as he returned to the house. The wizard and his wife were outside. The woman, who had once healed Vashd when he was near death, held out a set of clothing. "This is on me. I thought this might work well with the looks of your new blade." She had a warm hearted smile on her face.

Vashd nodded and took the clothes, stripping his rags from the dungeon he had escaped from and put on the new clothes as the old couple turned around to give him a moment of privacy. "Thank you old timer...  these fight perfectly. That was very thoughtful. Next time I need something, I guess I know where to come." He looked at the old man once again. "If anyone gives you any crap, you know how to find me. Would you mind sending me to town, by the way? To the Tavern we met at? I'm a little broke at the moment but-"

"You need not pay. It would be my pleasure. Just remember, I never saw you," the old man chuckled as he drew a magic circle with chalk on the ground, making intricate designs. After he was done, he gestured to Vashd to get in the circle. As he did so, the old lady grabbed him a few other items he had paid for, knowing he would need them when he was free: a portable hole, his remaining 10,000 gold, his bedroll, his waterskin,and a few days of trail rations. He folded it up and placed it in the inside pocket of his new jacket and smiled at her widely. "You are too kind," he stated as the wizard began his chanting and the world around him stretched and vanished. He now stood in a lively tavern, but it wasn't lively for long. 

As Vashd appeared out of nowhere with a sudden crackle of energy, the whole bar stopped for a moment. Those who knew him dropped their tankard, color draining from their faces while the rest simply remained silent. He placed his hand upon his chin, jolting his head to the side and cracking it one way, and then the other. In the other hand was his scythe, braced by his shoulder to keep it slanted so that he could go through a door if they decided to throw him out, though he knew they were probably too frightened to. He looked over to the mission board by the bar and looked at it as he talked to the bar wench that was cleaning a glass as she took shallow, broken breaths. 

"Any... specific missions this time?" He asked through the mostly quiet bar. "Something to stretch my muscles out again?" The bar wench shook her head a fast no, to which he shrugged as people slowly started getting back to whispers and low murmurs.
Back to top Go down
Maris Chall

Maris Chall

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 10:11 am

His voice rang out more clearly than before as he pestered another one of the bar wenches. The tavern had gone quiet and he wasn't quite sure why the reason was, as he had been too busy flirting. However, following the gaze of the woman he was seducing, he caught glimpse of a black figure settled among the people. Maris' vision was hazy and for a brief moment, that figure looked very familiar to him. He didn't want to think it true, and the thought made him fiddle at the golden ring on his ring finger. No matter how hard he tried to steady his gaze though, the person just looked all too familiar. "Addy?" he whispered under his breath, but shook his head to clear his thoughts of her.

That couldn't be true, the person was definitely too tall and too masculine to be her. Maybe that was just his hopes getting up or maybe it was the alcohol he had been drinking... Among the silence, the moon elf heard the other man ask if there were any missions available. This was what solidified the fact that this was definitely not the love of his life. With whatever answer he had been given, the room got rowdier and louder than previously. Maris was no longer interested in the woman at his side and quickly slipped away. He still fiddled at the ring on his finger, as though that was meant to help him sober up.

Approaching Vashd, Maris could easily tell now that he was not who he had thought he was. Close up, Maris was comparatively smaller to the other male, being nearly a whole foot shorter than him. The moon elf cleared his throat, trying to get the attention of Vashd, while also not being intimidated by the height difference. What made him the most curious was why the whole room had gone silent upon his arrival. "I see that you're relatively well-known around here?" Maris spoke up, regardless of getting his attention. "I'm afraid that you don't look too familiar to me, at least not up close and in person..." He let the silence grow between them after that, contemplating whether to say anything else.

theme song

Marshy @ THQ

Vashd the Reaper

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 5:59 pm

Vashd studied the board for a bit as a stranger came into his periphery. He remained content looking at the board. He wasn't on it for once, which was a slight relief, but with what was used to bind him this time, he wondered how he had gotten free since he doubted his weapon "needed" him. Or even the old man for that matter. Something else was up. He was unbound, which was definitely not intentional, as the elves had sealed him with High Elven Magic. The elf broke the silence, as his eyes wandered to the elf in amusement. Well known but didn't recognize him?

He let out a confident sigh and stood in a relaxed pose, his wrist simply counterbalancing the weight of his scythe as he lazily held the shaft there. "I was locked up for killing one of their council members here. Put under a spell and told 'only when someone needs you' can I go free. So, here I am. The name is Vashd." As he mentioned his name, gasps rang out as some fears were realized, having not wanted to believe he was who they saw before them. At the sharp inhales around him, Vashd felt a little... cocky. His name was still feared here at least. He raised an eyebrow at the elf in front of him and looked back at his scythe blade. He was amused to see the blade might actually be taller. He glanced back at the elf, lazily motioning for a drink from a barmaid. "Grab me and this man a drink. He looks... interesting. You aren't from around here either, are ya short stuff?" He looked over the crowd and back to a weird table that just now caught his eye. "When did they get a fancy stone table in here?"
Back to top Go down
Maris Chall

Maris Chall

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Listening to the human, the moon elf pondered exactly why something as extensive as that was done to him. Sure, killing a council member was one thing, but had it really been necessary to lock him up in such a way? A jail would have been sufficient enough, and he couldn't imagine anything else was needed. "I would hope that the council member deserved the slaughtering, but I will question no further," Maris responded, narrowing his eyes briefly. It wasn't like it mattered to him or even concerned him for that matter, especially since it happened the past. In fact, he wasn't entirely certain of himself when that homicide happened, but he remembered such a thing. However, it did bother him slightly that a fiend such as Vashd was out in the open, but to each their own.

Drawn out of his thoughts was when the assassin had introduced his name to him. There was an audible gasp as the human introduced himself, like he was something be afraid of. That didn't faze Maris though and he preceded to stand where he was by him. After all, it was better to hold his ground if he had to, than to flee the situation. "Maris Chall," he stated, "but you can call me Maris for short; in fact, it's preferable that you do." So, his name was Vashd? The name did ring a bell in his head, but it was very vague regardless.

Quickly as it had come, the intimidating atmosphere disappeared and was replaced with a calm. Vashd had ordered a drink for himself along with Maris, but that wasn't entirely necessary. "Hold the drink, if you will," the moon elf told the barmaid, "there's no need to get me one." The flask at his hip was once again unclasped and brought up to his lips for a quick gulp. A relieving sigh was released and he put the flask back where it belonged; having alcohol on hand was great. His elven ears caught what Vashd had said next and a soft grumble left his lips. "I'll have you know, my good man, I am rather tall for an elf and very proud of it."

He was a little huffed over the matter, but tried not to let it get to him too much. "And no, I am not from Silverymoon; however, I am from the High Forest nearby.." Maris glanced over at his table the moment it was brought up, having forgotten about it briefly. "Oh, they didn't. I brought here because it's much easier carrying around my own table than waiting for one. It's also a lot easier when you have your own alcohol on hand than having to ask for it." The moon elf wandered off for a second to pick up the table and shove it back into his pouch. He kicked the chair back to where he had gotten it from and came back to Vashd.

"So, you must not be too well-known around here if the guards aren't coming after you?" Maris asked. "At least, that's what I'm assuming. And if they're not coming after you, what do you plan to do now with your freedom?"

theme song

Marshy @ THQ

Vashd the Reaper

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 1:35 am

Vashd blinked at the man for asking such an outlandish question, but then realized he probably didn't see him come in via teleport. He contemplated whether to tell him the full story of why he was locked up or if it was too soon, but shrugged. He didn't seem to mind his previous answer. He let out a sigh and turned to face Maris with a bit more sincerity. "They won't chase me around here. They will hire some bounty hunters to kill me before they try to arrest me. The only reason they had me before was because I turned myself in. But since you ask about freedom.." his mind wandered for a moment.

It had been a good moment since he had been to a good brothel, but he was still in Silverymoon. There were none in the local area and he knew it would be a trek to get one. He sighed,rubbing his chin with his forefinger in thought. He thought back to the man who had hired him and caused him to break his own vow. He wanted the man's head for what had happened. He nodded to himself and looked back to Maris.

"Its been four years of being sober. Didn't have no hookers while I was chained... and I could always use some murder to get the blood pumping again. I have a score to settle as well. No particular order," he smirked, raising his eyebrow. "I think that should sum it up a bit. Got to let the rest of Faerun know I am back, if you catch my meaning." He let out a sigh and constantly closed his eyes for a moment, slowly half opening them. "Wanna come?"
Back to top Go down
Maris Chall

Maris Chall

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 am

Vashd was avidly trying to make it more clear to him that he was not a force to be reckoned with. Maris merely shrugged though, like he was trying to shoulder off the feeling of regret for even talking with him. He should have gone straight to the guards and warned them of his release, but hadn't. Every inch of his body was now screaming at him to do it because it was the right thing to do. So, why hadn't he? Was it because he was enjoying his company? Was it because he needed some form of entertainment? Perhaps Vashd here was supposed to provide that for him, but what a ridiculous thought that was. This man before him was very clearly a man of murder and one he should not associate with.

Motion out of the corner of his eye drew his attention back to the assassin at hand. He was staring back at Maris and a shiver ran down his spine that he tried suppressing. Nor was he certain the shiver he just felt was one of fear or one of pure pleasure. Or, for all he knew, it could've been the excitement of something fastly approaching them. "It's been four years of being sober," the moon elf heard Vashd say, "didn't have any hookers while I was chained..." Maris blinked, not quite astonished of what he said, but at least taken a little by surprise. "Well, if it's hookers you're looking for, I do have a castle settled in the depths of High Forest."

But murder? He wasn't so sure about that; there was definitely a line he had to draw. "I'm not entirely certain about the murdering though, but as long as there is no blood on my hands," he stated, drawling off at the end. He could be a good, little boy when he wanted to be and, quite frankly, murdering was not his forte. Now, on the other hand, settling a score was on a whole different level than what he just suggested. Settling scores was something he was quite good at, and not just because he's done it before. Although, what was the whole point of letting a nation know that you've returned to it? Was it joyous to see the fear in people's eyes? Why not the merriment or laughter instead?

He was also offering up a once in a lifetime chance for Maris, why would he pass something up like that? To be able to go out on adventures again and drown out the thoughts that clouded his mind constantly, that would be nice. But what would happen if he was seen associating with a murderer, would he be seen as one, too? Maris shook his head, trying to dissipate the thoughts that were nagging at him now. That's a silly idea, no one would ever think of such a thing when it came to him; he was a monk after all. Monks were righteous people, maybe a little lecherous at times, but righteous people nonetheless. There was nothing that they could do wrong in the eyes of the people, right? They were too religious...

"Yeah..." he trailed off for a moment, almost like he was rethinking his answer. "Yeah, I think I'll come along. But, again, as long as no innocent blood is on my hands, I don't care what you do."

theme song

Marshy @ THQ

Vashd the Reaper

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 11:23 am

Vashd studied the man as they spoke, trying to size him up and figure the guy out. His head was slightly tilted in interest as they conversed. The man before him seemed unsure and it wasn't like people to stick around this long.  He was amused by his answers as he noticed a stranger off to the side tapping a card on the table. He had been watching them this whole time. He brought his attention back to Maris. True, he seemed like he was a goody two shoes, but Vashd was sure he could get him to loosen up. He approached Maris and spoke in a hushed tone over the elf's shoulder as the inn had reached a rowdy level again."You misunderstand, Maris. I don't kill for sport... well I do but I'm an assassin, not a monster. I won't kill just anyone. Besides, the whole point in having you come along is for you to be the innocent one. It's just nice to have someone around who won't run away and has the balls to stick around. I like that."

He glanced over to Maris with a soft smile, waiting to see his reaction to him getting this close. His attention was then drawn back to the man in the corner. He was eyeing him, trying to figure out his reason for watching the two converse. 'Bounty hunter or client?' His mind mused. The bar wench arrived with his drink and he took a small step back, grabbing the beverage and taking a hearty gulp. The cold lager slid down his throat smoothly, the team's bubbles embracing the roof of his mouth as the waterfall of bitter grain washed over his tongue. Within a matter of seconds the once filled tankard was empty, and he shook it to try to get the last drop. He closed his eyes in enjoyment as he held the tankard out for the wench. Having it taken from his hands, he simply said, "Another.."
Back to top Go down
Maris Chall

Maris Chall

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 12:09 pm

His ears flicked, ridding him of the tingling sensation he had gotten when Vashd whispered into them. He puffed his chest up a little bit, so it didn't look as though he was a weakling next to the taller man. The height difference was very annoying to him, but nothing he wouldn't eventually get over. "That answer the many questions I had about the death of the council member," he murmured. Someone had hired him in order to kill the council member, and maybe that's who he was after for settling the score. Or they had no conjunction to each other, who knew, but regardless, that isn't something he should hold against someone. As far as he was concerned, Vashd was a decent person in his eyes and hadn't done anything wrong around him... yet.

"You know, I'm really not so innocent, myself, so I don't know why you bother calling me the innocent one," Maris pointed out. "You don't know a damned thing about me and it's fairly pointless to say something like that." He shrugged his shoulders again, as though he had some point to make to Vashd. The clicking of the card, however, caught his attention and he glanced at the person holding it. "But you are right about what you said; I'm definitely not someone who runs away when things get too rough." His eyes had never left the person at the bar, wondering what it was that they wanted. Their annoying response to their attention was starting to get on his nerves though.

While Vashd busied himself with downing the glass of lager he had been given, Maris occupied himself with his own. His eyes were still trained on the card holder as he took a swig from his flask of refilling. "How long are they going to stare at us," he piped up finally, drinking the last of what was left of his refill. He placed the flask on the bar with an empty clang and a few minutes later, it refilled itself. Maris wasn't sure of himself why this person was staring wholeheartedly at them. What he did want to know was if they would stop because they were certainly putting a downer on this party. "I suggest you best look away," he called out to the person, still eyeing them up and down.

theme song

Marshy @ THQ

Vashd the Reaper

Character Sheet
Prestige Class:

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 1:26 am

Vashd smirked, having gotten the reaction he was looking for from Maris. He tilted his head to the side with lazy eyes and a small chuckle at how he spoke. He had to give Maris credit though. He had stood his ground and not ran. His eyebrow raised as Maris wondered about the how long people were going to stare. He was used to the attention, and even the person tapping the card was something he was used to. He was always either being sought to be hired, or the target of a bounty hunter trying to get lucky and beat the odds.

As Maris told the man to mind his own business and stop tapping the card, Vashd grumbled. He knew this was going to go one of two ways. The person stopped and dropped the card on the table, an amused "Mmmm" eminating from within as the figure reached to lower their hood, a vixen with vibrant red hair and high cheek bones revealing herself. At first Vashd was a little shocked, his eyes wide. A grin larger than should have been possible crossed his face, teeth showing and all. "Well, well, well... if it isn't Tawny-Tawn! Are you here for me or for some other unfortunate soul?" He proclaimed loudly as some people began to leave. He had definitely taken notice, and realized that the people were eager to be rid of him. "I was just about to leave with my friend Maris here to go have some fun!"

She eyed Maris up and down with her amber eyes, a small smile on her face. " I get the feeling he doesn't like being stared at... but onto more pressing matters..." she trailed off as she handed the card to Vashd. He sighed, looking back at the board. "Waterdeep. As soon as possible. Target will be disclosed when you arrive at this address. You have six months," she stated calmly, watching to see if he would take it. 

Vashd hesitated for a moment, looking back at the mission board, then back at Tawny. "I need to make some quick gold first. Suggestions?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Red Dragon Season. Go make a kill and find its hoard. I heard there is a reward of 15,000 per adult and 5000 per baby. 30,000 per egg."
Back to top Go down
Maris Chall

Maris Chall

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 11:36 am

Maris quickly snapped his mouth shut when the cloaked figure had pulled their hood down. Standing before him was a very beautiful woman with fiery hair and just as fiery of eyes. He could feel the sweat building up already, either from embarrassment or something completely different. The monk swallowed and let out a huff that sounded similar to a chuckle in order to disregard what he said. Fingers raked through his long hair, pulling it out of his eyes and flicking it over his shoulder. A sly smirk tugged at the corners of his lips and he sat down near the woman, looking her up and down. "Yeah," he began, in a sultry tone, "are you here for him or are you here for a more unfortunate soul."

She was staring back at him and made a comment that he wasn't someone who liked being looked at. He merely shrugged his shoulders and smirked a little more, sitting up a little straighter. "Well, it's dependent, really... I don't like being looked at if it's going to cause a fight." Maris leaned back in the chair and clasped his hands behind the back of his head. "If it's in a different manner, I don't mind being looked at, at all... if you catch my drift." The moon elf winked at her, but dropped the act he was playing and glanced over at Vashd. Apparently, he knew this woman, and while he was trying to hit on her, he wouldn't go any further after that.

His ears perked up when she made a comment about a target being in Waterdeep. She was someone who must've supplied Vashd with a lot of his assassinations he had done. Waterdeep was an expansive and very populated place though... Would he be able to pull it off? Who was he to kid around with? Maris didn't know Vashd and if he had been locked up the way he was, he could clearly handle an assassination in Waterdeep. The monk let out a sigh and looked over at the board, just as his newly found friend had done. Gold would be a nice thing to have, but at the same time, he was really enjoying drinking.

Maris' pointed ears flicked at the mention of it being the season for red dragons. He let out a soft grumble, but stood up and walked over to the board nearby. His piercing blue eyes darted across its surface, looking at each of the papers until he ripped one off. The moon elf strode back to Vashd and handed him the piece of paper with information about a red dragon on it. "Here," he stated, "it's not too far from here and provides a decent reward once done." Dragons were not his favorite thing to deal with; in fact, it just brought a flood of memories back he didn't like. A frown appeared on his face briefly, but disappeared just as fast as it had come.

theme song

Marshy @ THQ

PostSubject: Re: I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"   I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Have A Bit of A "Drinking Problem"
Page 1 of 1